Mac DVD Ripper is a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG4 ripper/converter. It not only can convert DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, MPEG, MOV, RM, 3GP, MP3, AAC, WAV, but also can rip DVD to MP4 for Video iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, etc.
The picked iPod video converter software for Mac users. It not only supports converting AVI, DVD VOB, MPEG, WMV, MOV, MP4, DivX, MPG, XviD to iPod video for Mac, but also enables you convert/extract media files to iPod audio MP3, M4a, etc. The converting process is easy to handle. Just need to hit several buttons. More details>>
Guide: Rip DVD to Ipod Video MP4, AVI, DivX, WMV, MPEG, MP3, etc. for Mac
1. Insert a DVD of your choice. If DVD Player opens, quit it.
2. Download DVD Ripper for Mac and run it, click the "DVD" icon in the main interface to load DVD.
* The Mac DVD ripper program can convert DVD to video files like DivX, AVI, MPEG, MOV, WMV, RM, MPEG4, 3GP, 3G2, MP4, etc. as well as rip DVD to audio files like MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, AC3, M4A, OGG, RA, AU, etc. The article describes how to rip your favorite DVDs to popular video and audio formats.
3. After loading, some titles/chapters will appear. Please check the title or chapter you'd like to convert. If you want to rip the whole DVD to one video or audio file, just check the title(s). If you plan to extract only one (several) chapter(s) as video clips, check the related chapters. Certainly, you can also go to 'Advance" tab, convert any segment by setting 'Duration' and 'Start time'.
4. Select output formats in 'General' tab. You may select codec, subtitle, filename and more parameters here. In 'Advance' tab, you can set Zoom and split output file size.
* The software can not only convert DVD to AVI, DVD to DivX, DVD to MOV on Mac OS X, but also rip DVD to MP3, DVD to MP4, DVD to MPEG, DVD to WMV and more for Mac. Almost all formats are supported.
5. Click "Browse..." button to select an output path which will place the result movie/music file.
6. Hit "Convert" icon to begin to rip DVD.
Basic subtitle support (burned into the picture)
Integrated bitrate calculator
Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
Supports any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (even encrypted)
PAL or NTSC
AC-3, LPCM or MPEG audio tracks
File format: MP4, AVI, Divx, MPEG, WMV, Rm, MOV, 3G2, 3GP, MPEG4 Avc or MP3, M4a, WAV, AAC, WMa, etc.
Video: MPEG-4 or H.264 (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer encoding)
Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
DVD to iPod Mac conversion: Apple video iPod is required. Other iPod models (e.g. nano, shuffle, etc) does support video playback.